Last week, we ran an article exploring the phenomenon of theme weddings. Now, we return to that fertile topic with a list of themes—invaluable if a wedding looms in your future; otherwise merely entertaining.
- First of all, there’s the Barbarian Theme Wedding: For this wedding, the groom dresses up in skins and hits the bride over the head with a club.1
- You might also consider the Work Theme Wedding: Everyone goes to work and pretends nothing special is happening. Then, after work, everyone meets at a bar to complain about work.
- Still worth considering, although a bit old-fashioned, the Fairy Tale Theme Wedding: The wicked stepmother makes the bride stay home and clean the kitchen. Then, the groom arrive and makes her try on shoes while the bride’s sisters stand around making rude remarks.
- For something a little offbeat, try the Egyptian Theme Wedding: The guests build pyramids. The bride has to pull a basket out of the river, which afterwards turns to blood. Everyone gets sick with various diseases.
- And of course, there is the ever popular Wedding Theme Wedding: Everyone dresses up like there’s going to be a wedding.
“Roman Collared Slaves,” by Jun (Flickr: Roman collared slaves) CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons.
- The International League of Barbarians (ILB) has issued a formal international protest against this inaccurate portrayal of barbarian customs and traditions. ↩